Skin is our body’s largest organ. This is something many of us learn in school, but forget as time passes. It is easy to take our skin for granted and not give it the same care we might show to our muscles, cardiovascular health, diet and so on. While that, alone, is a good reason to develop a good skin care routine, there are many other reasons, as well. From using clean makeup brushes (and knowing when replacement brushes are required) and applying sunscreen, to cleansing and moisturizing, there are many things we can do to create a better, overall skin care routine.
Let’s look at five good reasons that people of all ages need to improve skin care.
Using Clean Makeup Brushes and Skin Care Products to Protect Skin Health
1. Skin health is never a guarantee and it can be affected by a tremendous number of factors. As a common example, failing to cleanse the skin regularly can cause irritation, allergic reaction, bacterial issues and more. Yet, failing to properly clean makeup brushes or rarely buying replacement brushes can also lead to similar issues because those brushes can be home to millions of potentially harmful microbes.
So, one key reason for a skin care routine is that it protects skin health by ensuring your skin is kept clean and protected from potentially harmful materials.
2. A second reason to develop a skin care routine is that it is the ideal way to prevent potential skin problems from developing. The old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure is true. Again, we’ll point to those makeup brushes. If you do not keep them clean or use frequent replacement brushes, you may end up with clogged pores, breakouts and issues with the skin. The same goes for the use of products like exfoliants, cleansers, toners, moisturizers and serums that, when applied daily, ensure your skin is supplied with all it needs and is protected.
3. Thirdly, a regular skin care routine makes skin care a habit, and this can help you to develop other healthier routines. As a simple example, the person who decides to use specialty cleansers, toners, serums, moisturizers and sunscreen each day (and maybe had not done so for many years), might also find that they are taking better care of their teeth and gums, eating better and drinking more water.
4. Fourth, by making skincare a habit, you also end up saving money over the long term by cutting down on visits to dermatologists, allergists and doctors. After all, if you have an ongoing skin infection due to old makeup brushes full of bacteria, you then have to get it treated professionally. This costs you, but using a regular routine of buying replacement brushes stops the problem and can save you money.
5. Lastly, when you perform regular skin care, you look healthier, more vibrant and simply better. This makes you feel better and is a major part of a happier life and sense of wellness.
Start with Replacement Brushes
If you have yet to develop a good routine, begin with new brushes from BEAUTIAC. Specializing in subscription-based, ethically-made cosmetics and tools, they can be a good foundation for better skin care and skin health.